Tuesday 5 June 2012

Autumn Crayon Art


Crayon Art



I have finally finished something I saw on Pintrest, these crayon art has been really pretty and I really wanted to test it out, but just never got to it. So I pushed through and got myself some supplies. I wanted to make a Autumn canvas since we are in Winter here in South Africa.

I got a large square canvas for R54, a couple of boxes of crayons for about R14 a box and some glue sticks for my glue gun which was R20 for about 10.

Some crayon packs
My trusty glue gun
Leave I decided on
Of course I had to atleast test if the crayons will actually melt, with my luck I would have bought the non melting type :)



testing



I then proceeded by glueing all the crayons onto my canvas, this was probably the only thing that really took some time. Since I had to decide how the colours would work best and had to fight with our puppy who wanted to play at that exact moment


All glued-up
Show Less
I then proceeded by glueing all the crayons onto my canvas, this was probably the only thing that really took some time. Since I had to decide how the colours would work best and had to fight with our puppy who wanted to play at that exact moment
I then traced the picture lightly onto the canvas and filled it with prestick. I used small pieces since I wasn't sure if the prestick would also melt. I then used my hairdryer on high heat and medium strenght blowing.


All melted with the little white prestick

 I then pulled off the prestick and used a permanent marker to colour in the picture


And the result is this beautiful autumn art

Finished product





No comments:

Post a Comment