Thursday 11 August 2011

Good Morning!




Morning all! I know I promised a book review last week, but I'm only halfway through the book at the moment, I just got so pre-occupied by something else, I discovered a new blog last week accidently and spend a good few days reading every post. It was like reading a book all on its own, I just loved reading about this family. My other great love also interfered over the weekend, my family and I all love the BBC series Larkrise to Candleford, so before the long weekend season 3 finally arrived so we spend the whole weekend watching it.


For those of you who don't know this, here is a short recap. The series is set in the small hamlet of Larkrise and it's neighbouring town of Candleford at the end of the 19th century. The narrator is Laura who is from Larkrise, her family wants her to do more with her life and she leaves to work for her mothers cousin Dorcas, this series follows the trials and tribulations of Laura who is learning a new skill in the post office and who has to cope with leaving her family. Larkrisers also have to face their own battles since they are from the hamlet which is where the poor families live. The story follows both Larkrise and Candleford individuals, Robert Timmins, Laura's father, is seen as the leader of the Larkrisers, I know this short descriptions does not give this great series the praise it deserves, but I wanted you all to go out and either rent it or get your hands on a copy.

Well I also had a job interview yesterday and let me tell you, there is about only one thing that gets me very nervous, that is throw me into a room filled with people I don't know and expect my brain to still function correctly. But allas everyone has to go through this at some time in their lives.

Well I wish you all a wonderful day! I am feeling the influenza (Larkrise to Candleford inspired, it just sounds better than saying FLU) comming on so drinking lots of medlemon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment