Tuesday 24 January 2012

Happy Birthday Annien!

Happy Birthday Annien!











So on the 14th of January my sister turned 21, the big 21. It was on the Saturday, so we decided to celebrate we would just go out as a family on the Friday and have fish and chips at one of the best seafood restaurants in the country. We always enjoy our fish and chips, but I must admit the platter for two with an assortment of seafood dishes on is still our al time favourite.

Annien and Roxy

Mom and Annien

Dad and Grandma

Mom and Dad

Roxy, Annien and I

Roxy, Annien and I




Just one thing to remember, Annien never wakes up before 8 on Saturdays, holidays and we struggle during the week to get her out of bed. So to our surprise that morning she was awake at 5:45! This ruined all our plans.

We planned on blowing up balloons and putting up banners in her room before she woke up. Needless to say, my mom had to send her back to bed, and our late Saturday morning was spoiled. So we got up and starting blowing up 21 big balloons, getting out the banner and setting everything up. We finally woke her up at 6:30. And she was really surprised.


 


My mom got her a pearl necklace, Annien is an old soul at heart and she just totally loved it. Now just to clarify its not one of those that has a bazillion pearls on a string, it is a beautiful fine gold chain with a pearl. She loves it and hasn’t stopped wearing it. I got her a great watch from American Swiss, if I didn’t get it for her, I would most likely have bought it for myself. That is one thing about us, we are not those girls who go out shoe shopping, we go out and stare at watches all day long if we can. We just adore watches.


I went to work for the morning, and when I got home we started setting up and prepping food for our guests who would arrive for a braai and some cake.

Probably the only bottle of champagne in the house


My dad giving the nicest toast


Annien showing off her 21 balloons

21 cupcakes with 21 on



This turned out to be one of the best birthday get together we had in a long time



I wish you all the best for your future, you are now a young lady and the best sister a girl can ask for. You always know when to cheer me up, you hold my hand when I am in pain, you laugh at my jokes and listen to all my stories. I love you so much

No comments:

Post a Comment