Wednesday 14 March 2012

Life lately



Is it just me or is this month flying by, this is so scary. Lately I feel that the smallest thing sets me of either ranting about something or crying about the smallest thing, I just hate this feeling. So this week I have gone through endless amounts of tissues and a lot of saying sorry afterwards. I think the thing that is really triggering this feeling is the fact that my contract is expiring at the end of the month, and I still haven’t found anything for April, and the neurotic me hates the thought of sitting at home and not having something to do. I know the right thing will come, but still it makes life just a little bit hard.



Yesterday I was in Kroonstad for work, only to get there (it’s a 2.5 hour drive) and realise the cabling wasn’t done. So we ranted a bit and then got back into the car and drove back. So we went to Kroonstad and back all before lunch. So next week we will be going again, hopefully the cabling will have been done by that time. For those of you wondering, Kroonstad is the Afrikaans for Crown City.

A is Bloemfontein and B is Kroonstad 

For those of you sitting there in anticipation to hear about Semi Soet, it was fantastic, one of the best Afrikaans movies in a long time, I hate to say it but some of the Afrikaans movies lately believe they have to be full of nonsense and cursing for people to watch it, this movie has none of that and that makes it one of the best movies. The story is about Jaci who wants to save the company from the mean “Jackal” who threatens to buy their company, to get a big contract she pretends to have a fiancĂ© since the company wanting to hire them wants someone who has family values, she asks for a model from the agency where they usually get their models. The owner agrees and tells her he will send up a model as soon as possible. Jaci then waits in the lobby for the model and the “Jackal” walks in at that moment, she mistakes him for the model and he plays along with her charade not telling her who he is. The wine estate who wants to hire them then invites the two rival company’s representatives to the estate so they can make their pitches to the board. Jaci believes everything is going according to plan until she finds out the Jackal is her “fiancĂ©”. They end up together after he buys their company and instead of breaking it up into pieces he gives them the chance to expand their business. This is a wonderful story and I fell in love with it. A definite must buy.



I found this music video over at itsgoodtobequeen  it’s really touching and I totally love it, if anyone can please give me the name of a cd so I can try and download/buy it, please leave a comment. And check out itsgoodtobequeen, I love her blog.  

Enjoy the rest of your week tonight I am going to our youth meeting at church, can’t wait, I am really enjoying the chance to get to meet new people and grow in my faith with a bunch of awesome people, we had some homework for this week. We each got pieces of paper that has a member of the group’s names on them. And we had to write on them one of the following: “I am glad you are in the group because ...” or “I appreciate you for the following reasons...” for me this was very hard since I have only talked to some of these people once maybe twice. But I think I did a good job.

Enjoy the rest of your week tonight I am going to our youth meeting at church, can’t wait, I am really enjoying the chance to get to meet new people and grow in my faith with a bunch of awesome people, we had some homework for this week. We each got pieces of paper that has a member of the group’s names on them. And we had to write on them one of the following: “I am glad you are in the group because ...” or “I appreciate you for the following reasons...” for me this was very hard since I have only talked to some of these people once maybe twice. But I think I did a good job.

Enjoy your week friends









No comments:

Post a Comment